BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My First Rodeo!

I had one of my customer’s approach me about helping her get a coffee hut going. She goes to lots of rodeos and said there is never any good coffee and so she purchased a little trailer and asked if I would help her get things going.
This last weekend was our first rodeo and we ROCKED it! We had a great time! The two guy’s announcing were friends of mine so they did lot’s of plugging for our coffee trailer (Jitter beans). They announced to the crowd that they should come see their girl Lavender for some amazing coffee that they promised wouldn’t allow them to blink all day long. I kept having people come up and say you must be Lavender, can I get some of that no blink coffee. It was funny. I think we might have made the other vendors mad. Oops! ;)
We worked really hard. Put in 50 hours in 5 day’s and made $2000(which is amazing in the coffee world). I was really proud of our first rodeo.
Those of you who really know me understand how monumental it is for me to have warn flat shoes for four of those five day’s ;) But I couldn’t help get them in on the last day. And of course you should have seen the looks I was getting from the cow girls. But I just thought to myself why does it matter? I'm not riding a horse ;)
We had a great time though, it was a fun experience. These are just a couple pictures that I got while I was there. I didn’t have that much time for pictures. But they turned out pretty good.



1 comments:

R~ said...

Oh my goodness, Sister! First of all.. I can just hear your laugh when people asked for some of that no-blink coffee. I am so proud of you for trying something new to grow your business!

I also love, love, love that you wear your heels all the live long day. You took great pictures of the horses! Now I see why you were working 50 hours that week!

I love you so much!